Dr. Mick Jackowski, Director
Mick Jackowski became Director of the Metro State Center for Innovation in August, 2007. In this role, he develops and manages new curriculum, programs and oversees fundraising for the Center. During his tenure, Jackowski created:
- Center’s Minor and Certificate programs;
- Eight new entrepreneurship courses;
- E-Coaching virtual mentorship;
- Collaborations with area high school and youth business organizations;
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization (student club);
- Innovation Challenge business plan and idea competitions;
- Entrepreneur of the Year awards;
- Innovation Day on-campus entrepreneurship celebration, and;
- Innovation Loan Fund (micro-lending).
As an Associate Professor in the Department of Marketing, he collaborated with the Department of Industrial Design to transform a series of courses into Brand Spankin New, the first student-centered contemporary furnishing business in the world.
An entrepreneur and start-up investor himself, Jackowski was co-CEO of GreenPlay, a management consulting firm recognized as the 2nd-fastest growing company in Boulder County by the Boulder County Business Report.
Early in his career, the native of Buffalo, New York worked with start-up professional sports leagues, serving as Director of Media Relations for the Arena Football League; Director of Communications for the Major Indoor Lacrosse League (now National Lacrosse League); and was Electronic Media Coordinator for the World League, a Division of NFL International.
On multiple occasions, Mick has been featured in the college alumni publication, Metro Magazine for his unique brand of teaching and has earned the following awards:
- 2006 Student Organization Advisor of the Year (College)
- 2005-06 Outstanding Service to Students (School of Business)
- 2005 Excellence in Teaching Award (School of Business)
- 2004 Innovative Teaching Award (School of Business)
Mick earned his doctorate at the University of Northern Colorado, his Master’s at the University of Massachusetts and his Bachelor’s at the University of Buffalo. He specializes in brand, reputation and relationship management.
Courses Currently Taught
ALL COURSES BELOW ARE OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS REGARDLESS OF MAJOR!